Know the elements of Ideal Learning programs.
Ideal Learning assumes that children best achieve their potential through learning that activates their interests, abilities and talents to build knowledge, know-how and confidence. Not all Ideal Learning providers nurture children the exact same way, but they do have the same basic approach to helping very young children develop their potential.
All Ideal Learning programs include the following elements:
• Each child receives a personalized approach to education.
• Each child is known and appreciated for their unique abilities, interests and potential.
• Children develop all facets of intelligence—academic, social and emotional—learning how to work with ideas, tasks and people.
• Children have high standards without standardization—they are challenged to reach their developmental milestones and given the support to actualize their unique potential.
• Teachers guide children to carry out their own learning; this self-directed learning is supported by an intentional, structured and measured curriculum that has been proven to be effective.
• Classroom environments are designed to develop students’ ability to concentrate, grow their collaboration skills, and build a sense of community.
• The entire school teaches, not just the teacher.
• Children are learning partners with educators, families and peers—ideal learning educates with children, not to children.
• Children work at the bigger goal of developing into a well-rounded, intelligent and constructive individual.
• Programs are an integral part of the community: they support children, thereby advancing community progress.